Great Reads brings you book reviews on teen books that parents will love from such great young adult authors as Garth Nix, Clare Dunkle, DJ Machale, Stephanie Meyer and many more.

Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- The Review

I have to begin this review with a heavy heart. No- I'm not giving anything about the ending away here, other than that the series has ended, and I feel a little lost. I've spent the last two weeks, since seeing "Order of the Phoenix" in a Potter-stupor, chomping at the bit for the release of final book in the series. And, now, here it is and a mere 5 hours later, I'm done. And I'm sad.

The book is fantastic. The action starts right away and continues straight throughout the book. Theorists will be pleased that some things were figured out, while others were far from correct, but the final battle (can't WAIT to see this on the big screen) is nothing short of action packed, terrible and awesome. It is definitely a great read- one that was well worth the wait. I'm not going to say anything about the plot because I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

My only hope is that maybe Rowling will read this and listen when I say "just one more book...please?"


No comments: