Great Reads brings you book reviews on teen books that parents will love from such great young adult authors as Garth Nix, Clare Dunkle, DJ Machale, Stephanie Meyer and many more.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Valley of Silence: Nora Roberts

Again, Nora doesn't disappoint! In this final book of "The Circle Trilogy", the goddess Morrigan's six prepare in their final days before the big battle with ancient vampire Lilith. This book centers around the relationship of Cian and Moira. I was a little nervous at first, but Nora didn't let me down. I think I enjoyed this book most of all, because even though Cian is a vampire (and supposedly evil) he really reminds me of the Angel character from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" though he has chosen not to kill (he didn't need his soul returned to make that choice). It is interesting to see the inner struggle Cian goes through as he realizes his feelings for Moira and yet doesn't understand how they can be so powerful. Moira really comes into her own in this book, and it's nice to see her take charge and become the powerful leader she was destined to be.

I'd definitely recommend this as a great book to read, though I recommend reading the first two books first.

No comments: