Great Reads brings you book reviews on teen books that parents will love from such great young adult authors as Garth Nix, Clare Dunkle, DJ Machale, Stephanie Meyer and many more.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Paolini's Inheritance III Gets a Title and Other Book News

Due to release September 20th, Christopher Paolini's third Inheritance novel gets a title "Brisingr" (which I think is the magic word for fire- though correct me if I'm wrong!).

In other book news, there's more casting information for Stephenie Meyer's "Twilight". As most fans know, Kristin Stewart (the older sister from "Zathura") has been cast as Belle, and Robert Pattinson (Cedric Diggory from the "Harry Potter" movies) has been cast as Edward. But here's some of the latest casting news: Peter Facinelli as Carlisle (sorry- but I'm having a REALLY hard time with this one as I can only see him as the jock from "Can't Hardly Wait"), Elizabeth Reaser as Esme, Jackson Rathbone as Jasper, Nikki Reed as Rosalie, Ashley Greene as Alice and Kellan Lutz as Emmett. I'm not familiar with any of these other actors really, but they look the parts. Check this page out to see pics: http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_movie.html.

Buy this book shop at our Amazon.com "Great Reads" bookstore.


3 comments:

Jeane said...

Have you reviewed either of Paolini's earlier books? I did not care for the first one, skipped the second one and honestly am dismayed a third was even printed...

AKA Delaney said...

I haven't reviewed them, but I've read them. I'm probably in the minority who didn't think they were that bad- derivitive, yes (the Star Wars similarities were a big joke around here), but he's also young. So I think there's promise. I'm hoping the next books become more original in nature.

Jeane said...

I don't feel encouraged to read his books now, but I'm interested to see what he writes in ten years when he's a little older and more mature.