Great Reads brings you book reviews on teen books that parents will love from such great young adult authors as Garth Nix, Clare Dunkle, DJ Machale, Stephanie Meyer and many more.

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Pendragon: The Soldiers of Halla

SPOILERS AHEAD:
After 5 or so years of booktime, and after 8 or so years of real time, Bobby Pendragon's struggle to save Halla and defeat Saint Dane comes to an end. We finally learn the truth about who Bobby and the travellers really are, how (and why) the territories are connected, and the answers to many other questions, though the book does leave a few at the end.

It's hard to discuss this book without discussing the ending. It's a little confusing. I understand what's going on, but I don't understand how. There are also a few unanswered questions throughout the book too- such as Nevva being Elli's daughter, which shouldn't be possible because of who the traveller's really are (trying hard to not to spoil too much here!). Even Bobby talks about how this is really important, but that's as far as it goes. I expected there to be more about this. And the ending...well, eh. I like that Bobby (and the others) get a chance at a normal life, but why and how? They were told that they couldn't go back and the territories needed to move forward and rebuild, so how is this possible? Is it more of a dream world? I found this confusing and kind of unnecessary, though maybe if it had been bettered explained, I would have enjoyed it more.

The book is good and definitely action packed. Fans of the series will enjoy it. The answers to who the travellers are and where they are from are interesting and unexpected, and I don't think will disappoint any fans.

Have you read it? Leave your review below!



Buy this book shop at our Amazon.com "Great Reads" bookstore.


1 comment:

Eli said...

Ahh Pendragon! I love this series and I am almost finished with this book. I have maybe 100 pages left. You're the first blog I have seen that has reviewed it! :)